For 17 years, USA Networks has held exclusive television broadcasting rights to America’s highest profile tennis event, the U.S. Open. Beginning Monday, USANetwork.com will extend that coverage to the Web.
The centerpiece of the Web coverage will be live, daily talk show, Tennis Talk, hosted by USPTA Tennis Coach Bob Litwin. The show had a successful debut during the French Open. It will air live from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. ET weekdays from Aug. 28 to Sept. 1. Each show will also be archived in its entirety at the site.
The RealNetworks RealPlayer will stream the live audio show. On each show, Litwin will be joined by USPTA Tennis Pro Kirk Moritz and other special guests who will discuss the previous day’s matches and the line-up for the day ahead. Litwin and guests will also field questions from live online visitors.
Additional USANetwork.com features for the U.S. Open will include:
- Producer on the Loose — USANetwork.com’s very own roaming producer will be
scouting the grounds at Flushing Meadows to compile exclusive streaming
- Focus Tips — Bob Litwin, host of Tennis Talk, utilizes a “focus game
method” during his own tennis matches and instructs his students on how to
use this technique
- Daily Feature — Tennis journalist, Sandy Harwitt will delve into the world
of tennis with a daily story
- Snapshots — Sports and advertising photographers Fred and Susan Mullane
will provide an eclectic array of onsite photos
- Quotes — Users will have access to daily comments from the players
themselves, as well as USA Network’s commentators.
USANetwork.com is part of the USA Networks Inc.
USA Interactive Entertainment division.