The most clicked-on ad banner for the week ending Aug. 8 was Betty Crocker’s
Pop Secret ad with a 10.2 percent CTR, according to measurement firm Nielsen//NetRatings.
It marks one of the few times a traditional consumer company has captured the
highest click rate, the firm said. Other consumer companies that have scored
the No. 1 click rate have included Capital One, Jack Daniel’s and Victoria’s
The Pop Secret ad, featuring a sweepstakes for a trip to the Pop Secret
Microwave Popcorn 400 auto race, captured a 10.2% click rate. It appeared on
SuperMarkets Online’s ValuPage Web site.
Top advertisers for the week, ranked by banner impressions, were:
|Advertiser||Impressions in millions||Reach %|
|6. Ad Council||35.7||7.8|
|7. America Online||33.9||15.1|
|9. Wingspan Bank||29.5||15.1|
Impressions reported include house ads.
Top Banners, ranked according to reach percent, were:
- TreeLoot — Catch The Monkey and Win $20!
- Uproar — Where does Homer Simpson Work? Bar, Bank,
Nuclear Plant, Sewer
- Bonzi Software — Speed Up Internet Connection
- GetSmart — Find: A Loan for Me. Refinancing, Second
Mortgage, Debt Consolidation
- About.com — User survey about gun control. Should all
guns be outlawed? Yes, No
- Ad Council — If You’re Not Recycling, You’re Throwing It
- Fast Company/EZVenture — Entrepreneur Seeking Venture
Capital? $99,000 Enough?
- Fast Company/EZVenture — Win $99,000 from Yahoo! Click Here!
- Fast Company/ EZVenture — Win $99,000 from Yahoo! Click
- The Elephant’s Trunk Costume Shop — Costuming the World Online. Click Here.
Ad banners that run predominantly on an advertiser’s own property or house
ads are not included in the above figures. The Nielsen//NetRatings audience
information service collects data from approximately 15,000 panelists as they
surf the Web at home.