Managed services provider (MSP) Loudcloud Inc.
Monday unveiled its next generation of Internet operations services, foregoing the bundled approach to offer a mix-and-match option for outsourcing day-to-day Web site management.
“Loudcloud’s next generation services are on track with regards to the principal drivers and concerns of the enterprise buyer,” said Bill Martorelli, vice president of e-services and sourcing strategies at Hurwitz Group. “By providing a new level of flexibility to their services, Loudcloud is in a position to meet the needs of enterprise corporations. The new service strategy demonstrates Loudcloud’s growing maturity as a leading provider of Internet operations services.”
Loudcloud’s services include the Loudcloud Application Management services and the Loudcloud Foundation services. Contained within each new service are components to architect, deploy, manage and scale Internet initiatives. Underpinning these new modules is Loudcloud’s Opsware automation technology, providing the flexibility and control to manage hardware, networking technology and software systems critical to Internet operations.
“Loudcloud’s services offer a modular set of services enterprise customers can choose from to cost effectively outsource the management of their Internet site,” said Tim Howes, Loudcloud’s CTO and president of product operations. “Our customers such as Ford Motor Co., News Corp. and Fannie Mae need to be able to leverage their existing investments. The Loudcloud services enable this and provide a framework that allows customers to customize our services to best fit their needs.”
Loudcloud Application Management services are a set of four operational services that capture the key day-to-day functions an IT department must perform to successfully operate its Internet site. An enterprise can purchase the complete Loudcloud Application Management service suite or mix and match the specific services that meet their needs.
The Loudcloud Application Management services are:
- Monitoring and Reporting services — Enables customers to gain visibility into and control over their Internet operations through in-depth monitoring and reporting of various infrastructure components as well as advanced site-wide business intelligence. This service may be purchased exclusive of other Loudcloud services.
- Risk Management services — Designed to mitigate the risk of security breaches and data loss through backup, recovery and advanced security assessment and operations services.
- Application and Database Support services — Provides a variety of flexible choices including the ability to provision and restore any application or database running on Windows, Linux or Solaris. Customers may also choose the complete management module for selected Windows, Linux or Solaris-based mission-critical Internet application or databases.
- Expertise services — Leverages Loudcloud’s expertise in building and managing reliable Internet operations to provide everything from in-depth architectural assessments to the deployment of a customer’s full site architecture. This service may be purchased exclusive of other Loudcloud services.
Through a mix of people, process and technology, Loudcloud’s Foundation services create an environment that provides customers with unprecedented levels of reliability. These services comprise the platform that powers the Loudcloud Application Management services. The Loudcloud Foundation services incorporating functionality such as:
- Opsware automation technology — Designed to automate the repetitive, time consuming tasks associated with deploying, managing and monitoring the software and hardware used to power the Internet site.
- Change Management — Provides customers with a simplified approach to code and content deployment by providing an online tool that allows customers the ability to deploy their code and content into the production environment.
- myLoudcloud — Provides a single gateway for customers to gain visibility into the performance of their Internet sites and manage various elements of their Internet site operations.
- Security — Loudcloud SAS 70 Level II and SysTrust-certified security leverages a powerful combination of industry expertise, stringent policies and processes.
- Loudcloud Network Operations Center — Staffed with skilled technical specialists who provide 24×7 front-line support and problem resolution.
- Loudcloud Research — A team of research engineers tasked with evaluating a range of Internet technologies for optimum scalability, reliability and performance. Loudcloud research has evaluated more than 200 technologies since its inception.