Community site theglobe.com launched an e-commerce Holiday Survival Guide featuring
shopping options, gift advice, games, contests and festive recipes.
The Holiday Survival Guide features 13 different commerce partners including:
3COM, Intel, Hewlett Packard, Crutchfield, Virtual Vineyards, Lowestfare.com,
Lenox Collections, Cyberian Outpost, Cars.com, Flowers USA, Countdown Clocks
International, Chip Shot Golf and Delta 3.
“The Holiday Survival Guide brings all the elements of the holidays into one
area so that our members can customize their shopping experience online,” said
Todd Krizelman, co-CEO of theglobe.com.
Special areas on the holiday page that members can explore include:
- Cocktails and Nibbles, a place where members share recipes, sponsored by
- a homepage building contest where the best homepage creator can win
Picture” video phones from 3 COM
- Find a Friend to search for a long-lost friend and wish them a happy
holiday, from WhoWhere
- Puzzles, where members connect missing links for three colorful
- a travel spot where members can find the best deals on airfares,
vacation packages from Lowestfare.com
- gift advice from other members
- Great Deals on Gifts, allowing members to from the Holiday Survival
the Impulse Buy Network’s selection of products, ranging from apparel to toys
theglobe.com is also offering members 10 minutes of free PC-to-phone calling
through Delta 3’s special holiday program. All members will receive this
special offer via e-mail. In addition, Delta 3 will have holiday greeting
cards for members to send friends and family. The cards are sent via e-mail
and hold up to 10 minutes of free PC-to-phone calling.