COAST Software Inc. will introduce this week
at Mecklermedia’s Internet World Canada in Toronto WebMaster 3.0, the
latest version of its Web site management software.
This release is targeted at corporate Web and intranet site administrators.
COAST WebMaster 3.0 can be used to identify the differences between Web
sites, and is able to map and maintain multiple-server Web sites.
Currently, COASTWebMaster is being used by administrators to monitor the
condition and maintain the content of large Web sites. By enabling
Webmasters to have a greater control over their site’s content, and
providing a way to instantly map, analyze, and update the content of Web
sites, COAST WebMaster is providing the control that large-scale production
New features of COAST WebMaster 3.0 include:
- Multi-Server Support, which enables administrators to map and maintain the
content of multiple virtual servers
- Site Comparison, which allows content managers to identify and eliminate
inconsistencies between sites, such as development and production sites or
- WebMonitor, which enables the scheduled, customized monitoring of
- PageRules, which may be used to check for the absence or presence of
text, tags, links, applets, controls, scripting, forms, frames, etc. on
individual pages or across the site
- Performance Statistics, which indicates which pages are slow and provides
download estimates for all of the typical connection speeds.
The tool also features icons and reports specifically for mapping and
analyzing Lotus Domino databases, views, and documents.
COAST WebMaster 3.0 is currently in beta testing and is expected to be
released by the end of 1Q98. Expected retail price is $495, with
evaluation copies available from the COAST Web site.