[Mississauga, CANADA] Hewlett-Packard Canada has introduced a
complete offering of products and e-services for small- and
medium-sized businesses (SMB) in Canada.
Its new Business Center Web site connects entrepreneurs with other
business professionals such as accountants, lawyers, technology
experts, marketing gurus and investors for real-time collaboration.
According to Evans Research, a Toronto-based market research firm,
there are over 800,000 SMB in Canada. HP recognizes that these
businesses have unique technology needs that must be addressed to
enable competitiveness and growth.
Key to HP Canada’s SMB strategy are industry partnerships and Web
resources that add extra value to its range of SMB-tailored
appliances, e-services and infrastructure technology.
The new Business Center Web site is an online community connecting
entrepreneurs to business and technology professionals. It is an
interactive business-to-business knowledge exchange that helps to
extend networks, promote business and accomplish goals.
“HP wants to take care of the technology needs of our SMB customers so
they can take care of business,” said Catherine Morgan, director of
small business. “HP also recognizes that SMBs need more than great
technology, they need to participate in well-connected business
Hewlett-Packard Canada has more than 1,300 employees at 21 locations
across Canada. Its revenue in fiscal 1999 was Cdn $1.9 (US $2.8)
billion. The parent company has 86,000 employees worldwide with a
total revenue of US $42.4 billion in its 1999 fiscal year.
For more on Hewlett-Packard, see the following InternetNews.com stories:
- RealNetworks, HP to Deliver
Streaming to Enterprise Customers, September 26, 2000
- HP Unveils ASP Solution, June 1, 2000.
- Hewlett-Packard Plunges Deeper
into the e-Services Game, June 27, 2000
- Nortel, HP Build Wireless Internet, June 19, 2000
- Equityengine.com and Hewlett-Packard
(Canada) Ltd. Help Start-ups, May 29, 2000
- Hewlett-Packard Seeks to Score Hat Trick with New Servers, May 9, 2000
- Industry Giants Team To Offer
ASPs Over Net, March 27, 2000
- Hewlett-Packard Anticipating Start of Chapter Two, October
- Hewlett-Packard Releases New Network
Applications, November 3, 1998
- HP Unveils ISP Strategy, September
- Hewlett-Packard Announces Web-based PC Management System, March 3, 1998