TD Bank Financial Group’s newly launched Web site on international buying and selling covers the financial aspects of importing and exporting.
“Clients dealing globally has increased dramatically, and with the recent
volatility in the world’s economies, businesses need to stay informed about
international trade,” said Michael Mueller, TD executive vice president.
“It is increasingly important that Canadian businesses evaluate their
credit policies to ensure their payment terms still reflect the risk of the
countries and the buyers to whom they are selling. We built the trade
finance site to provide businesses with easy to access information which
will help make it easier to understand the financial tools available to
manage this volatility.”
Site content includes:
- How to access pre-shipment and post-shipment buyer and seller credit;
- Common payment risks in trade along with practical solutions for
managing those risks;
- Foreign exchange hedging strategies and an immediate foreign exchange
- A useful glossary on the terminology used in international trade;
- Separate sections tailored to importers or exporters along with an
interactive quiz in each section;
- Links to key Government of Canada sites that benefit Canadian exporters.
“The site provides very pertinent financial information for small and
medium sized enterprises.” said Kathryn McCallion, chief trade
commissioner, department of foreign affairs and international trade.